If you have a dual-boot installation of Endless OS, the only way to remove Windows and keep Endless OS is to reformat your computer with Endless OS. You will lose all your data in your current Endless OS installation and in your Windows installation. Follow these steps:
- Back up your data in Endless OS and Windows and Windows to an external hard drive.
- Create an Endless OS USB stick, following the instructions on https://www.endlessos.com/. If you're not sure how. Check our “How do I create an Endless OS USB stick on Windows?” article.
- Boot your computer from the Endless OS USB stick. If you're not sure how. Check our “How do I start my computer from a USB device instead of the internal hard drive?” article.
- Select the Reformat option. If you're not sure how. Check our “How can I install Endless OS on a computer, replacing its current OS?” article.
- Endless OS will be installed on your computer, erasing your existing Windows and Endless OS installations and all your data.
Do you have a question?
Fill out our form giving us more information