To install a printer in Endless OS follow these steps:
Via USB Cable:
- Connect the USB cable from your printer to one of the USB ports on your computer.
- The recognition should be automatic and once the installation is complete, a notification will appear stating that the printer is ready for use.
Networked printers (via Ethernet or Wi-Fi) can be found and installed as follows:
- Go to Settings
- Click on the padlock in the upper right corner to enable the option to modify
- Press the "+" button located on the lower left side of the window
- A window with the message "Add a new printer" will appear. The system will search the printer on the network.
- When it appears, click on "Add" and add it to start with the installation.
Note: Make sure your printer is turned on, connected and configured to the internet. In some cases installing a printer might involve downloading and installing the driver from OpenPrinting.org, which is a process that EndlessOS manages automatically for printers having available drivers. If this is your case, you just need to confirm the download in case the driver does not come with the free license
Do you have a question?
Fill out our form giving us more information