If you are having trouble with our Endless Installer for Windows, you can capture a debug log file to share with others so they can help you try and find the problem. Follow these steps:
- Open a command prompt (see here for instructions for all supported Windows versions).
- Change to the folder that contains the Endless Installer for Windows (i.e. endless-installer.exe). Type "cd <PATH TO DIRECTORY>" (without the quotes, for example C:\Users\Your Name\Downloads) in the command prompt and press Enter.
- Start the tool with debug parameter. Type "endless-installer.exe debug" (without the quotes) in the command prompt and press Enter.
- Use the application as normal until you have reproduced the problem you’re seeing, then close the application.
- In the same folder as the Endless Installer for Windows executable file (i.e. endless-installer.exe) you will find a log file called something like EndlessInstallerrYYYYMMDD_HH_MM_SS.log (YYYYMMDD will be the log date and HH_MM_SS will be the log start time).
- Share the log file on our Community with an explanation of the problem you are having, and somebody can help you understand what is happening
Do you have a question?
Fill out our form giving us more information