If your computer is not connecting to any WiFi network please do the following:
Check if the same WiFi problem occurs in another device.
If your WiFi doesn’t work on both devices, it should be an issue of your WiFi. Please follow these steps:
- Unplug your wireless router and modem from the power source (remove the battery if your modem has a battery backup).
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug your wireless router and modem back into the power source again (put the battery back to the modem).
- On your device, reconnect to your WiFi network.
If this does not resolve the issue, please contact your WiFi provider.
WiFi not working only in your Hack Laptop.
There is a quick fix for this issue which consists in downloading and installing the most recent BIOS for the Asus Laptop.
If Hack Laptops's WiFi is on and you are not able to connect, please download the most recent BIOS for the computer by clicking here, and copy the file to a USB. Then please follow this instructions:
1. Plug in the USB that is specified for BIOS flashing
2. Power on laptop and when you see the Asus logo hit F2 to get into BIOS
3. Once in the BIOS, hit F7 to enter advanced mode
4. Once in advanced mode, use the arrow keys on the laptop to move right (one
time) to the next page and then go down to “ASUS EZ Flash Utility”. Hit enter
5. Inside of the Utility, it will load the USBs files. Use the right arrow to move right
(one time) and hit enter on “E406MA-AS.311.
6. It will ask if you want to use this file, Hit enter on “Yes”
7. It will then ask if you want to update BIOS (confirm version is Ver.311) Hit yes.
8.Then it will load a progress bar for the Flash (DO NOT TURN OF THE
9.Once it is finished it will say “Update is complete” The system will automatically
10.Let it run the reboot, and make sure it loads up to OS First boot experience
11.Once it is done, shut the machine down.
If that doesn’t help, or if the problem re-occurs, consider deleting your current network from the list of saved networks on your device, then re-connect again.
Please take note that this is the most common option to solve the WiFi issue, if downloading the BIOS does not work, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.